Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Now I'm so much happier"

"Mama, mama!!  Looks what I found!"  My son came running and yelling to tell me that he had found a toy that has been misplaced for the past week or so.  He was so excited as he exclaimed, "now I'm so much happier!"  For some reason, this tiny little toy, a McDonald's toy no less, brought him complete happiness.
His exclamation got me to thinking what brings me true joy and happiness in life.  What was lost and then found that has brought me joy?  Jesus Christ and the salvation that he gave to me, that brings me true happiness.  Of course the other things in my life that bring me joy: my husband and my kids, my girlfriends, and my music (I love to sit at my piano and just play).
I love that I have these kids in my life to remind me, ultimately, of the gift of Christ on the cross and that I am a child of God! 
My joy is complete in Christ!
John 15:11

Where do you find happiness and joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment