Thursday, February 7, 2013

Forgiviness

Sometimes it is so difficult to apologize.  I have a husband and four kiddos and it seems like I am always asking for forgiviness.  I try to be an example for my children and treat them with love and kindness at all times, but sometimes, I mess up.  I don't make excuses for my actions (yelling in anger, or being impatient, or so many other things) I just let them know that I was wrong and ask them to please forgive me.
Now, it's a completely different story when one of my kids has to apologize.  Have you encountered this as a parent?  One child has wronged another and needs to right that wrong.  You let them know that their behaviour was not acceptable/kind/loving...and they need to apologize to the other.  What follows is eye rolling and a mumbled apology.  I don't know what to do to help them understand that having them apologize for a wrong is NOT a form of punishment coming from mom. 
If this is something that happens in your house, what do you do?  I'd love some input here.


Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

No comments:

Post a Comment