Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who is your guide?

Mackenzie starts kindergarten on Friday!  I can't believe that my baby girls is going to be in school ALL DAY 5 days a week!  This has gotten me to thinking about all the fun we had this summer.  We went to parks, the library, the museum, the zoo, water parks, and lots more.  I can't believe that it has gone by so quickly. 
One particular park trip stands out in my mind.  We went to a park in Waterford that had this really cool maze.  It was made out of chain-link fence and there was a bridge that you could stand on and see the whole maze.  I let Mackenzie and Thomas go through the maze while I stood on the bridge watching them.  It was so fun to watch Mackenzie try and figure her out through and watch Thomas follow happily behind her.  They eventually made it through and immediately wanted to do it again.  This time Mackenzie kept going to dead ends and was getting a bit frustrated (Thomas just kept running and laughing).  Since I could see the maze, I started giving Mackenzie directions - "turn around, go left, keep walking straight..." Sometimes she listened to me, and sometimes she would tell me to stop "I can do it!" 
This situation just made me stop and think that this is sometimes how we react to God.  God can see (and He knows) where we are going in the maze of life.  He wants us to succeed and is always willing to help us.  God tells us in Matthew 7:7 "ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  All we have to do is ask for help.  "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your righ thand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13.  And in Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
My prayer is that I will always remember these verses and the picture of Mackenzie running through that maze.  I need to remember that even if life seems to be going perfectly fine and I'm making my way through the maze without hitting any dead ends, I still need to ask God to be guiding my life and helping me.
I'm so thankful to God for that little maze and the huge picture it painted for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment