Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anxiety

Aaahhhhh...mommy's stomach is all in knots!  Tomorrow is my baby's first day of kindergarten.  I was talking to her all day today about her first day.  I asked her if she was excited, nervous, scared, happy...she told me that every time I say "school" she gets excited!  I love that she is excited.  But I, on the other hand, am a little anxious.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited for her, but I'll be missing her every second.
I know that the only thing that will calm my anxiety is prayer.  So I am praying.  I'm praying for Mackenzie, her teacher, the other kids in her class, and the other kids in the other 2 kindergarten classes. 
And I am also going to try and get a good night's sleep.  So i'll leave with this:
Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment