Sunday, September 4, 2011

A new chapter

So, I have decided to keep off of facebook for the month of September. Simple, right? It's only day four and I have to say, no. It was okay for the first two days, but now, I find myself wanting to click on that little blue "f" on my tool bar every time I log onto my computer. It's silly how difficult a task it is to keep off of a certain website. But this time off of facebook is supposed to be spent strengthening my relationship with God and my prayer life.
So, not only am I off of FB for a month, I am also taking part in a challenge. It's called Maximize Your Mornings. It's a challenge to get you (me) to get up early each morning and be intentional, wake up FOR my kids and not TO my kids, spend time with God, spend time exercising, and spend time planning the day. This particular challenge actually starts on the 12th, but I'm working on it now.
My prayer is that God not only gives me the strength (and energy) to get up each day and spend quality time with Him, but that my children will see a heart change in their mama.
So, here's to early mornings and maximizing my mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment