Friday, February 20, 2015

A new year (kinda)

Well, it's February 2015 and I haven't had a blog post in almost a year.  I'm not really a writer (not a good one at least) so sitting down and putting my thoughts into comprehensible words is sometimes difficult for me.  However, there is so much going on in my life and I think it does some good to get those thoughts out of my brain and onto "paper" because I can type a lot faster than I can write, my fingers can keep up with my thoughts :)

Over the course of the past year and a half our family has done a lot of changing!  We moved (again) so now we are closer to our amazing church and closer to Jeremy's work.  We started talking about moving our family globally to follow God's call to missions and not only did we talk and pray about it, we started the application process with SEND International!  Eek!  I only say that because just a few years earlier, we were talking with a young family about their work in missions in Africa and how we admired them and their obedience to God to move their young family around the world.  We never thought that we could do something like that (moving to a different country is one thing, but with young kids - we just didn't think we could do it) NOW, God has called us to do that same thing.  Never say never, huh?  

So, now that we are in this process of talking with SEND and giving them our life history (literally!) I'm feeling more led to get my thoughts un-jumbled and organized into some sort of "journal".  If you happen to be reading this, would you take a few minutes and pray for us?

Pray:
-That we will come closer together as we draw closer to God. 
-For comfort and peace as we may become anxious about this process and the possibility of "rejection"
-We will continue to obey God and his will for our lives
-Opportunities to share our faith, love and testimonies with those around us know (may this be our mission field while we are here; before we go)
-For the people working with us through SEND right now, that God will give them clarity and discernment while they review our applications.

We are truly looking forward to what God has planned during this process - looking forward to what He will be teaching us.  

Personally, I am hoping to write a blog post two to three times each week.  Share a little about our lives and the missionary application process and share my heart and whatever else God leads me to share.

Feel free to keep me accountable and ask for updates ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment